Message from Denise Harris, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of the Harris Group of Companies.
“We at the Harris Group have embraced the Global Initiative to reduce Carbon emissions. 2011-2020 was the warmest decade recorded, with global average temperature reaching 1.1°C above pre-industrial levels in 2019. Human-induced global warming is presently increasing at a rate of 0.2°C per decade.
An increase of 2°C compared to the temperature in pre-industrial times is associated with serious negative impacts on to the natural environment and human health and wellbeing, including a much higher risk that dangerous and possibly catastrophic changes in the global environment will occur.
Having recognised the serious nature of the situation and acknowledging our corporate responsibilities we have put in place a Company Carbon Policy.
It is up to all of us to leave this planet in better state for future generations to flourish.”
- Set an example for other sectors of the Motor Industry to follow by providing suitable alternatives to fossil fuel vehicles
- We will train our employees and actively involve them in our environmental activities
- Introduce a zero-emission policy in our company vehicles by phasing out all ICE vehicles by 2030.
- Achieve a net zero CO2 emissions in all our warehouse operations
- Employ sustainable packaging materials and practices
- 10% of our parking spaces will have EV charging points
- Convert all lighting to high efficiency LED systems with daylight harvesting and occupancy controls
- Installation of Energy usage monitors in all our buildings to ensure efficiencies are identified and implemented
- Establish dedicated space for storage and collection of recyclables to reduce environmental impact
- Installation of on-site energy production using roof mounted photovoltaic solar panels
- Introduction of rainwater harvesting systems for industrial use to reduce reliance on mains supply.
- Produce an annual Energy and Carbon Report
- Use video conferencing to minimise all travel, especially international travel.
- For necessary long-haul flights, we will choose airlines with Net Zero commitments particularly focused on non-offset solutions such as efficiency and sustainable aviation fuels.
- Work with our Customers to explore synergies in order to achieve lower Carbon emissions.